Research Journal publications Conference papers
Teaching Contact info
Previous Projects and Research Topics
California Institute of Technoloy (Caltech)
- Demonstration and study of injection locking in
- Study and optimization of second order nonlinearity in
optomechanical oscillator for RF frequency mixing applications.
- Study and design of optical frequency locking systems for
application in UH-Q optical microresonators with thermally broadened resonances.
- Experimental study on the effect
of ambient pressure and geometry on threshold power, noise and
stability of microtoroidal optomechanical oscillator.
Development of techniques for studying the interaction
between two microtoroids.
- Demonstration of the first all-optical homodyne RF
down-converter based on optomechanical oscillator.
- Design and fabrication of vacuum system for testing
ultra-high-Q toroidal microcavities at low-pressure and low-temperature
- Observation and characterization of optical spring
effect in optomechanical resonator
- Development of techniques for fabrication of free ultra-high-Q
microtoroid optical resonators for biosensor and multi-pole
optical filter applications.
- Characterization of microtoroidal optomechanical oscillator (Frequency, Phase
noise, linewidth, …)
- Observation of Brownian noise in self-sustained
- Efficient fiber-taper coupling
to high-Q Whispering-Gallery modes of liquid droplets for optofluidic
- Development of novel techniques
for manipulation of liquid droplets in aqueous medium.
Advanced Electronic and Photonic Technology Lab
University of Southern California (USC)
- RF filters based on adaptive
- Photonic self-homodyne wireless RF-receiver using
- Photonic self-homodyne RF-receiver
based on linear optical modulation and filtering
- Harmonic modulation in microdisk
- RF microring resonators for electro-optic
- Eletro-optic bistability in LiNbO3
- Demonstration of RF optical link
using LiNbO3 microdisk
- LiNbO3 microdisk
Medical Physics Lab
Sharif University of Technology (SUT)
- Polarization rotation in He-Ne
- Controlled second-harmonic generation
- KDP crystal growth
- Design and fabrication of ND:YAG laser